Job Overview: We are seeking a passionate and knowledgeable Wine Manager to oversee and coordinate various aspects of our wine program. The Wine Manager will play a crucial role in enhancing customer experiences, managing inventory, and driving our wine-related initiatives, including wine recycling, employee education, purchasing, events, and compliance. The Side Saddle Provisions Manager will lead the retail wine and beer program out of FiNCA O4W.
- Employee Wine Education and Training: Organize and conduct regular wine education and training sessions for staff members to enhance their wine knowledge and customer service skills.
- Wine Buying: Curate a diverse and high-quality wine selection by researching, sourcing, and purchasing wines that align with our brand and customer preferences.
- Natural Wine Club: Create and manage a Natural Wine club, designing a calendar of curated selections that align with the interests of our customers and the natural wine movement.
- Building Side Saddle Identity: Collaborate with the marketing team to build and promote the identity of our wine program, ensuring its unique positioning within the market.
- Accurate Inventory: Oversee wine inventory management to ensure accurate stock levels, timely replenishment, and efficient order fulfillment.
- Liquor License Compliance: Maintain a strong understanding of liquor license regulations and ensure full compliance in all wine-related activities. Collaboration with
- Marketing: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop strategies for promoting wine offerings, events, and club memberships to attract and retain customers.
- Wine Recycling Bottle Club: Develop and manage a wine recycling bottle club, focusing on sustainability and engaging customers in environmentally-friendly practices.
- Tastings / Events: Plan and execute wine tastings, events, and workshops that engage customers and enhance their appreciation for wines.
- Proven experience in wine management, preferably in a similar role within the hospitality industry.
- In-depth knowledge of wines, wine regions, varietals, and wine production methods. Strong understanding of liquor license regulations and compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for conducting employee training, engaging with customers, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Organizational and multitasking abilities to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously. Creative thinking and a passion for wine, sustainability, and customer experiences.
- Proficient in using inventory management systems and software.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Sommelier, WSET, or equivalent are a plus.
- Positive attitude
- Independent problem solver
- Organized and detail oriented
- Value driven
- Leaves the ego at the door
Application Process: If you are a dedicated wine enthusiast with a proven track record in wine management, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary for management-level
- Healthcare options
- 401(k) + match options
- Free espresso Fun
- Supportive work environment